Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One step closer


 Oh what a weekend we started it off by closing on our forever home and it's been a whirlwind since. We have lots of renovations that we plan to do to it before we even move in. I am only so good with a power drill and the rest hubs or the professionals take care of.
  Here is our lovey new home, but I had to come up with things to make it our own. My husband is more the construction big picture man while I am more into details. Even thought we haven't moving in right away I wanted to put my own stamp on it that says "Hey, we live here." I was so stocked I now have double the doors to decorate for the holidays and such, I can not wait. The main priority is the inside, the outside upgrades will come later unless I do them.


  I did get my hubs to show me some basic electrical so I could change out the two wall lights by the doors, I also ripped out the dead plants in the planter box and painted the doors so far. I am hoping to make some wreaths soon and I will have a tut for you then.

  Since I can't do much mechanically I did some looking and found a board that just screamed "Pick me!" I decided to turn into a last name plaque for the main doorway we plan to use which is the far left.
  We originally bought this board to practice the distressing technique so we could show our Amish cabinet maker what we wanted. The best paint for this would have been an exterior but I didn't have any on hand and rather use what I did have. So I slathered on some tan paint, let it dry, I then found I font I liked and free handed the design onto the board with a darker brown. Then I topped it off with a clear coat to protect from the elements though I'm not too worried as the distressed look is what I am going for and nothing is better than letting mother nature do the job.
  I placed it on my bench next to my rusty mailbox and viola I love it! Though the storm made it fall down so I will have to find a better placement for it. What do you think? I am ready to get started on more crafty things for the new house a little at a time.
  This week is our fall festival so we will be having fun with that along with my little man's 2nd birthday Sunday. I will be posting as much as possible as the time allows, I hope your week started great. Toodles and Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment