Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The face behind the name

Happy hump day to all, between craziness with the new house and just keeping caught up on normal house work I have been slacking on my crafting. From time to time I do allow my crafty love to fall at the wayside while I catch up on other things in my life. 
  I hope you all enjoyed the sign on Monday, I really enjoyed making it. Originally I thought I may have another cabinet tutorial sometime but I am not happy with how it turned out, if I get a chance to revamp it sometime then I will share.
 I thought I would share a little more about myself this time around. For those of you who are just tuning in, my name is Stephanie I'm from a small town in central Missouri and I have lived here most of my life military brat with all the jazz. I graduated in 2003 and attended cosmetology school 04-05, I worked till 2007 when my husband and I made the executive decision for me to become a stay at home mom. Since then I have become an avid reader and crafter. My love of sewing started in high school but due to life and limited funds I didn't keep up with it those years.
 Until last year I had always done something periodically a Halloween costume here, paint something there. I had mentioned to my mother in law I wanted to try making some hair clippies that I needed to sew and the next day she brought over a sewing machine she got at an auction for a couple bucks. It was a 1984 singer and I was ecstatic about it, I had started using pinterest at that time so I had lots of things I wanted to try making. I started with a tag lovie and those hair clips my daughter adored.
  For a very short time I tried to sell my little ette's( I wanted to call them clip-ettes but it was taken). I ended up spending more money than I was making plus to face it there are a lot of hair clip artist out there. To top it off I'm not a very good sales rep but I didn't let that failure stop me from expanding my crafty prowess.
  That leads me to where I am now, with Just Craftin'. I love to make things and I've had others comment how they could never do that or don't have the time. I wanted to find a way to share with everyone. That's just it, all I have been doing is just crafting, I find an idea and make it happen though 50% of the time I do ask my hubby for help with the technical parts of the project.
  This leads me to my motto Imagine {Create} Share, either by imagination or finding instructions from another crafter I still always put my own spien on anything that I make. Who ever just follows the directions without putting little bit of themselves into it? {Create} just as it implies you take the steps to make the object come alive, I mean using your own hands to make something is an awesome feeling no matter what it is.
Lastly share, who doesn't want to show off what they can do to others? No matter the range on something its always great to get impute from friends/family and what better way than to let them see it. Learning from others and our own mistakes makes each of us better for it. Sometimes I completely fail but I'd be the first to admit it and see where I went wrong even another set of eyes can remedy the problem.
  Whoo what a tale it is but alas it is mine and I do hope someone is able to relate in someway or another. I am happy and open to any questions so feel free to fire away.

No comments:

Post a Comment