Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy RAC'd day!

   Happy Monday, only 8 more days according to my daughters chain a day. As my daughter is getting older and really getting into the "gimme" mode I wanted a way to show her a different form of giving. All across pinterest I've seen so many ideas for RAC'd (Random Acts of Kindness) here's a few examples HERE,or HERE I absolutely feel in love with the idea of giving and for my children to see me do it.
So I had to sit down and see what I was capable of giving, we decided to make cookies for our mailman err person, and the trash guys along with some water bottles.

   I attached the labels on to the water bottles, today was our trash day and the last day before Christmas to give our gifts so I placed them on our trash cans in a Ziploc to protect from the drizzle today. I put the mail carriers gift in the box and lifted the red flag, he/she may be surprised when they done find any mail but a treat instead. Next I went through mcd's drive-thru for my peppermint mocha fix, I also ordered a gift card then asked the cashier to give it to the car behind us. Then after school we are going to the Dollar store and leaving a few $1 for an unsuspecting shopper on random items.
  I would have loved to do all of the ideas I have come across but I just wasn't able to, I'm hoping our gifts may inspire giving in someone else if not I hope that maybe made some one's day.
  As promised I am updating on the last few days of my hubby's 12 day's next we have day 3-5, it's shameful my sleepy self forgot to snap a photo of the last two nights so I took a picture of the notes instead. 3rd day was 3 packs of gum, 4th day 4 pack of boxer briefs and today #5 was a handwritten letter. Everything is being taken in good stride with my hubs and I think he enjoys being spoiled just a little bit.

So later on this week I may finally have a craft to share, I acquired some cigar boxes that I'm going to alter and I can't wait to get started. Have a crafty week!


*In light of the tragedy my heart goes out to all the families affected by the Sandy Hook shootings, you are in my prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment